28 Nov Pendulum Cricket Test Match Overview: 30 November 2017
Cricket Test Match Fixtures:
The Ashes is upon us, the oldest Test fixture between these two ancient rivals that are jostling for position. Both sitting way back from the consistent current performers of front runner India. Australia will hope home ground advantage holds sway and that it will aid them to go on and win the coveted Ashes, so they can at least bunny hop their uncanny neighbours New Zealand. Australia will have to perform well with a white wash to elevate to third spot above England.
The top two Test teams, India and South Africa, meet at the start on the New Year in South Africa. There is a giant point gap between them but India have never won a Test Series in South Africa before. If South Africa can entrench this historical pressure they will hold onto their number two position at least and therefore close the gap, just a bit.
The new political outfit of Zimbabwe are getting an outing to South Africa’s home of Test Cricket in the first official 4-Day Test. This may be a perfect warm up the Proteas prepare for India.
The West Indies need to improve, but away to New Zealand and against a team ranked above them will not be easy. Sri Lanka will find it tough in India and Pakistan are poised to play debutants Ireland in May 2018 so after this Southern Hemisphere summer window we have lots more Test Cricket.
Upcoming Cricket Test Matches:
- 1st Test – IND v SL (Kolkata) 16-20 Nov 17
- 1st Test – AUS v ENG (Brisbane) 23-27 Nov 17
- 2nd Test – IND v SL (Nagpur) 24-28 Nov 17
- 1st Test – NZ v WI (Wellington) 1-5 Dec 17
- 2nd Test – AUS v ENG (Adelaide) 2-6 Dec 17
- 3rd Test – IND v SL (Delhi) 2-6 Dec 17
- 2nd Test – NZ v WI (Hamilton) 9-13 Dec 17
- 3rd Test – AUS v ENG (Perth) 14-18 Dec 17
- 4th Test – AUS v ENG (Melbourne) 26-30 Dec 17
- Only Test – SA v ZIM (Port Elizabeth) 26-29 Dec 17
- 5th Test – AUS v ENG (Sydney) 4-8 Jan 18
- 1st Test – SA v IND (Cape Town) 5-9 Jan 18
- 2nd Test – SA v IND (Pretoria) 13-17 Jan 18
- 3rd Test – SA v IND (Johannesburg) 24-28 Jan 18
- 1st Test – NZ v ENG (Auckland) 22-26 Mar 18
- 2nd Test – NZ v ENG (Christchurch) 30-3 Apr 18
“Crick, crick, cricket;
Don’t throw away your wicket.
From East to West,
Test Cricket is the best.
In Asia or the Antipodes,
Batting away on bended knees.” Al ben Goi